Zonta Club of the Black Hills is seeking volunteer bartenders during the Labor Day weekend Dueling Pianos event on Saturday, Sept. 5, at Main Street Square.
Volunteers are needed to man two bars from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Main Street Square area. The Dueling Pianos event is an all-ages event and Zona Club of the Black Hills benefits from this volunteer opportunity.
Volunteers must be at least 21 years old.
Click this link to view the listing and express and interest.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Black Hills seeks volunteers to serve as a Big Brother or Big Sister in its School-Based Mentor Program. These volunteers, ages 16 and older, help their “Littles” with homework, talk about school and read together. “Bigs” provide guidance and inspire children to succeed.
For more information, call 605-343-1488.
SDSU Extension Rapid City Regional Center is seeking volunteers to serve as Lay Leaders for the Better Choices Better Health program.
Better Choices Better Health® SD is a chronic disease self-management program designed to help others gain confidence and learn skills to better manage their own health, stay active, and TAKE CHARGE.
* You will enhance your health and the health of your community as you share the gift of self-management with others.
• You don’t need any previous teaching or healthcare experience but you must plan to attend all four days in order to be certified.
• There is NO FEE! You will receive all materials, handouts, supplies, and lunch/refreshments during your training.
• After completing the four day training you will be able to co-lead the six week BCBH workshop in your community.
Lay Leaders will:
* Lead one or two six-week workshops each year
• two-year commitment of being a Lay Leader
• Attend yearly update training
• Respect confidentiality of participants
• Maintain integrity of the BCBH program
For more information, see : http://goodandhealthysd.org/communities/betterchoicesbetterhealth/trainings/lay-leaders/
Passages Women’s Transitional Living is seeking volunteers to serve on its Board of Directors. Passages provides a safe environment for women whose lives have become unmanageable through drugs, alcohol, or abuse resulting in incarceration or homelessness. Passages is a faith-based nonprofit that provides transitional living, life recovery skills, education and spiritual growth. To volunteer or for more information, call (605) 939-0744. Continue reading
The Ellsworth AFB School Liaison Officer is in need of crosswalk volunteers for the first week of school for Douglas schools. This will be for 24-28 August from 0715-0800 and 1430-1515 each day. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and she will place you at a school or area. Thank you so much for assisting with keeping our children safe during this busy time!