For more information, call Carri Redmond at 6054154716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Club for Boys – Rapid City seeks volunteers to help replace sold trees with processed trees, assist customers and tree sellers with carrying trees to upper lot. Some trees are heavy so must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Will train 15 minutes before shift (reflected in shifts).
Dates: December 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th Times: Saturdays, 8:45-12, 11:45-3 p.m., 2:45-6:00 (or any part of those shifts) Sundays, 9:45-12, 11:45-2:00, 1:45-4 p.m.
For more information, call Chantel at 605-415-4421.
Volunteers are needed to run merchandise from the vendor tables to the cashier at the Holiday Art Market at the Dahl. The Market will feature a variety of unique, hand-made items from dozens of local artists. Volunteers are needed 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17. and 9:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 18. Sign-up deadline: Thursday, November 16.
For more information, call (605) 394-4101 Ext. 209
The Fort Meade Lab is in need of a Lab Assistant volunteer.
* Answer telephones.
* Take messages and refer callers to appropriate personnel
* Restock phlebotomy areas.
* Put away and rotate stock.
* Pick up specimens from emergency department and other departments and deliver to lab for testing.
Volunteers are needed one to two days per week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. or 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For more information, call Cheryl at 605-347-7206
Rapid City Arts Council needs 10 to 15 volunteers to help greet, clear tables, work the candy supply station, and help as needed at the Home Sweet Home event from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9, at the Dahl Arts Center. Assistance with set up and tear down would also be welcome.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (605) 394-4101 Ext. 209.
If you are an Eagle Scout, former Boy Scout, or interested in the scouting program, the Black Hills Area Council can utilize your talents and skills. They need volunteers to serve in a myriad of positions; Commissioners, District Committee Members, Merit Badge Counselors, and on the Training Team!
The time commitment per month can run from one to two hours a month, up to 5 hours and the majority on your schedule!
Interested? Contact Ron.Weider@scouting.org or call (605)342-2824
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Black Hills seeks mentors for their Community-Based Programs:
• Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Big Couples (married), and Big Families: These programs are designed to match children between 5 and 15 years old, with an adult who can serve as a positive role model, giving a child a chance to see their unlimited potential and providing the opportunity to develop into a more responsible, successful, well-rounded individual.
• Outdoor Adventure Program is designed to instill in children a lifelong enthusiasm and respect for hunting, fishing, wildlife and habitat conservation, and landowner appreciation while providing a complete realistic hunting experience. Hunter safety is emphasized.
• Mother Mentor Program is designed to match experienced mothers with new or expectant mothers. The goal of the program is to provide friendship and emotional support as well as relevant educational and parenting information.
For more information, call 605-343-1488.
Host Families are volunteers who are willing to open their homes to kiddos whose parents are facing temporary crisis.
These families are needed year round, with an average length of stay being around 36 days. Please note placements can be much shorter or longer depending upon the situation.
Host families are required to go through an application and training process. This process helps to prepare host families for different experiences and also give us, Bethany, the opportunity to discover the host families openness to age, gender, etc.
Thank you for considering volunteering your time and opening your home to kiddos who need you. This is an amazing way to serve our community!
For more information, please call Vanessa at 605-343-7196
The Marine Toys For Tots Foundation relies on local volunteers to make our distribution day a success. The Pennington County Toys for Tots distribution day is Sunday, Dec. 10.
Postions available: Stand in Toy Room, Be a Toy Runner, Security, Help in Kitchen, and Registrations/Check-ins.
Volunteers will be needed at the Central States Fairgrounds 800 San Francisco St, Rapid City, SD 57701.
For more information, call 605-343-6161. To fill out a volunteer form, click https://rapidcity-sd.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/local-volunteer-form.aspx