Yellow Bike Program and Reconditioned Bikes for Kids INC seeks volunteers to help repair bikes for Christmas donation.
Volunteers work on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to repair used bikes for Christmas giveaway. Volunteers will also be served lunch.
For more information, call 605-923-5991.
American Red Cross – South Dakota seeks Blood Drive Ambassadors. Spend the day thanking donors for their gift of life as they give blood at events across South Dakota.
Volunteers are asked to assist with donor check-in and registration as well as provide drinks and snacks to donors after they have given. Must be available during the day on weekdays, hours may vary. Full day shifts preferred, half days available. Training provided free of charge and background check required.
For more information, call Ausia @ 605-336-2448 x2323.
The sixth annual Bierbörse, German for beer stock exchange, will be from noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016 in Downtown Rapid City, Main Street Square. The event features a microbrew tasting, homebrew sampling, polka music, beer stock exchange and more. The event is free and open to all ages.
Event organizers are looking for a group of 8-10 volunteers to serve at the Main Street Square Beverage Garden for the “Bierborse”
For more information, call 605-716-7979
Seventh Circuit CASA Program is seeking a volunteer to help bring some order to a database. Specifically, they need someone that has some Access database knowledge to help with the following:
- Merge data from three separate databases into one database;
- Ensure there are no duplicate contacts; and
- Help us set up a useable mailing list(s) for some non-tech savvy staff and volunteers.
Volunteers can work with CASA staff to set up a time that works best for them.
For more information, call Anne at (605) 394-2203.
Club for Boys – Rapid City will be hosting a Family Halloween Party- Friday, October 28, 2016
Volunteers are needed to help with our Family Halloween Party.
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Help Set Up For Halloween Party (12 people)
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Help Serve, Monitor and Clean-Up the Evening Meal (3 people)
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Help Run Contests, Greet Guests, Monitor Waiting Lines and Take Photographs (40 people)
8:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Clean Up Crew (12 people)
For more information, call Carri Redmond at 605-343-3500
Volunteers of America, Northern Rockies is seeking a volunteer group willing to create bowls for the Nov. 10, Soup for a Cause fundraiser.
Volunteers of America will provide supplies; volunteers will create the bowls.
This is great volunteer opportunity for a youth group, a church group or a local service organization.
For more information, email Kelly Folsom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s How We Roll 5 – Skateboard Art Show & Auction (Presented by Rapid City Arts Council) will be held Saturday, September 24 from 6:30 – 9pm at the John T. Vucurevich Event Center in the Dahl Arts Center 713 7th Street, Rapid City SD 57701
This is the fifth installment of our hugely popular, annual counter-culture show that raises money for the RCAC’s youth arts programs.
The RCAC secured 60 blank skateboard decks. These decks have been transformed by local artists into one-off works of art and will be on display at the event, culminating in a silent auction that evening. A People’s Choice award will be given to the deck that receives the most votes.
Volunteers are needed for the following positions:
- Voting Assistants: 2 volunteers needed to assist patrons with casting their votes and taking bids. Please be on site at 6:15 PM to receive instructions and get in place for the event.
- Bartenders: 2 bartenders needed for this event. Beer and wine are served so, no bartending experience is needed. Please be on site by 6:00 PM to receive instructions and assist with bar set up. Must be 21.
- Greeters: 2 volunteers needed act as greeters for this event and then maybe assist with voting or bidding as needed. Please be on site by 6:15 PM to begin welcoming guests to the event.
- Gift Shop: 1 gift shop volunteer needed from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, as people arrive for the event. This shift may vary based on traffic going into the gift shop.
If you are interested in filling any of these positions please contact Jillian Jez, Customer Experience and Volunteer Coordinator Rapid City Arts Council/Dahl Arts Center 605-394-4101×209
Literacy Council of the Black Hills will hold a Tutor Training Workshop Saturday, Oct. 8, at the Hoyt Room in the Rapid City Public Library, and on Saturday, Oct. 15, in Meeting Room A of Rapid City Public Library.
The workshop will prepare volunteers to serve as tutors for adults in need of help with reading and writing, as well as English language learners. The workshop will include instruction the Laubach Way to Reading, a series that tutors can use to teach specific reading and writing skills.
A $30 donation is suggested to cover the cost of the workshop materials and a one-year Literacy Council of the Black Hills membership. Food and beverages will be provided.
For more information call Diane Grant at 605-430-1515 or email at email@example.com.
Club for Boys – Rapid City seeks volunteers to assist the Director of Computer Learning Programs.
Volunteer responsibilities will include:
* Working with kindergarten and 1st grade students who are struggling with letters, sounds and numbers.
* Monitoring boys on computers when the Director goes to find additional students to be in the program.
* Relieving the Director when she has to work on monthly reports.
* Tracking students – name, program, time in and out, and collecting timers when boys are done.
* Overseeing the computer room when the Director has to help older boys in the Den, goes to restroom or is absent.
* Helping boys log on to various programs as needed.
* Helping to maintain a quiet learning environment in the computer room.
For more information, call Carrie at 605.343.3500.
C.O.R.E. Community Organized Resources in Educating youth seeks volunteers to serve as group leaders during interactive programs with students aimed at saving the lives of teens on Oct. 29, in Rapid City.
Volunteers must have good interactive skills with young teenagers and be a positive role model.
For more information, call 605-431-4672.