The American Red Cross is seeking Administrative Assistant volunteers to assist at the 28th Medical Group, Ellsworth Air Force Base. Volunteers must have current base access and a six month commitment is required. Volunteer opportunities are available during weekdays (Monday-Friday) 7:30 am- 4:30 pm. Some positions may require a 4 or 8 hour time commitment per shift.
- Answer telephones, take and relay messages
- Schedule appointments, retrieve and file patient records
- Greet patients and complete check-in process
- Check Third Part Insurance Form
- Copy/Print/Scan documents
- Perform basic computer/data entry tasks
- Assist with mail outs
- Perform clerical duties assigned by the work center supervisor
- Manage office supply inventories and coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Good interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Basic clerical, alphabetizing and computer skills
- Able to understand and follow directions
- Able to read instructions, alphabetize and file charts
- Able to lift maximum of 10 pounds
- Able to bend, stoop, reach and stand for periods of time
- Orientation to the American Read Cross
- Any required clinic/hospital orientation/ training
- HIPAA training
- On the job training
For more information contact Michele Lewis at 605-342-4010 Ext: 2173
The Black Hills Area Habitat ReStore is looking for weekly volunteers to help Cashier in the ReStore. The ReStore resells donated building materials and home items to raise money for the construction of Habitat houses in the greater Black Hills Region. Volunteers will help by:
* Assisting customers in making purchases.
* Using our point-of-sale software and cash register system to keep accurate records of sales and inventory.
* Practicing good customer service by welcoming and thanking all customers.
**This Volunteer position does require a background check
** This opportunity is ongoing and volunteer times are flexible for scheduling.
The ReStore is open Monday–Saturday from 9-5 and all hours are open to volunteering.
For more information, call (605) 348-9196.
Black Hills Works is looking for Residential Volunteers. Volunteers, develop a close friendship with the residents by engaging in many different activities. Go to the movies, walk around the mall, attend sporting events, go fishing, play video games, do arts and crafts, etc… The activities are endless. Volunteer in one of the group homes. Schedules are flexible. For more information call Joe at 605-343-4550.
The Outdoor Campus West is currently seeking volunteers to be Mentor Instructors. If you are knowledgeable about any outdoor recreation pastime, help strengthen the community by teaching! All activities are needed. These include: hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, fly fishing, canoeing, kayaking, archery, skiing, sport shooting, trapping, etc. A commitment to teaching a minimum of three programs a year is requested, though you can teach as much as you would like. For more information call Luke at 605.394.2538
The Humane Society of the Black Hills is looking for Dog Walkers to help exercise and socialize the dogs. Dog walkers can come during regular hours to walk dogs, play with dogs or, with further training, groom dogs.
To learn more about volunteering at the Humane Society, visit
The Rapid City YMCA is looking for volunteers to volunteer with group exercise. Energetic individuals are needed to assist with the many group exercise classes.
For more information, call (605) 718-9622.
The American Red Cross of South Dakota is looking for volunteers to place phone calls to families who have recently experienced a disaster or home fire to assist them with the long-term recovery process. Using the Red Cross assistance guidelines, you can help a family connect with community resources that will get them back on their feet. Hours are flexible; can work from home. Training provided free of charge and background check required. For more information, call (605) 336-2448 x2323.
Each day, Feeding South Dakota goes to grocery stores throughout Rapid City picking up donated food as part of our Retail Pickup Program. Volunteers are needed to assist with the collection of these donations on Wednesday mornings. This volunteer position would help the driver pick up and unload the food donations. This job is a physically demanding requiring some heavy lifting and bending. Comfortable clothing is a must including winter wear and good shoes or boots. To volunteer, Sign Up below. For more information, call Shawna at (605) 348-2689